REGULATIONS OF THE JURMALA CYCLING MARATHON
10 June 2017
REGULATIONS OF THE COMPETITION
To promote the participation of citizens of the city of Jurmala in sporting pursuits. To promote cycling culture in Latvia and in the city of Jurmala. To raise the level of proficiency of cyclists of Latvia and the city of Jurmala. To promote active and healthy lifestyle. To increase the number of tourists in the city of Jurmala and Latvia as a whole.
The competition is organized by www.baltijasmaratoni.lv in cooperation with the city of Jurmala.
e – mail: email@example.com., mob., +371 22019199
The competition is conducted by a team of judges of the Latvian Cycling Federation approved by the organizers.
Chief Judge of the Competition:: Ita Erta
The start / finish area: The parking lot at the Dzintari Concert Hall, Turaidas Street 1
The People`s Ride (~40 km )
The distance runs through the city of Jurmala from the Dzintari Concert Hall to Kauguri and back to the Dzintari Concert Hall. In the People`s Ride, it is forbidden to participate with sports tandems, individual highway riding sport-bikes and bicycles, which are equipped with sleeping rudders. Coverage of the track is of 100% asphalt. In the People`s Ride, a time limit for covering the track is 2 hours. Participants, who will not cover the distance within the time limit, will be allowed to finish the distance, following the requirements of CSN.
The Family Ride (14,5 km).
This ride has no age limit and the distance is built through the most beautiful part of Jurmala. Riders will be able to observe the unique architecture of Jurmala and enjoy this trip in a rest regime. Time limit for covering the track is 1 hour. Coverage of the track is of 100% asphalt. Participants, who will not cover the distance within the time limit, shall cross a shortened stage of the distance with an alternative finishing area in the Bulduri prospect.
LEGO Children Ride (~ 500 m up to 1 km )
Coverage of the trace is of 100% asphalt. The distance is made in the start-finish area (circle ~ 500 m )
The competition program
- The start/finish area is located in Jurmala, at Dzintari prospect 1, near the Dzintari Concert Hall
- at 8:00 beginning of registration and taking out numbers for all rides
- 9:00 end of registration for the People`s Ride
- 9:30 end of handing out numbers for the People`s Ride
- 9:30 beginning of taking start places for the People`s Ride
- 10:00 START of the People`s Ride
- 11:40 end of registration for participants of the LEGO Children`s Ride
- 11:50 end of handing out numbers for the LEGO Children`s Ride
- 12:30 corridors are opened for the LEGO Children`s Ride
- 12:30 start for girls (year of birth 2011 and younger)
- 12:40 start for boys (year of birth 2011 and younger)
- 12:50 start for girls (year of birth 2009-2010)
- 13:00 start for boys (year of birth 2009-2010)
- 13:10 start for girls (year of birth 2007-2008)
- 13:20 start for boys (year of birth 2007-2008)
- 13:30 start for girls (year of birth 2005-2006)
- 13:40 start for boys (year of birth 2005-2006)
- 13:00 end of registration for the Family distance
- 13:30 end of taking out numbers for the Family`s Ride
- 13:50 beginning of taking places for the Family`s Ride
- 14:00 START of the Family`s Ride
- 14:15 Awarding for the People`s Ride
- 14:30 Awarding for the LEGO Children`s Ride
- 14:50 Awarding in special nominations
Pre-registration for the competition closes on 08/06/2017 at 24:00 at the website:
Companies and teams, by completing a registration form at the website www.baltijasmaratoni.lv, can receive a bill. The bill shall be paid not later than 08/06/2017.
Competition entry fee
|Registration date ( Personalized number
in case of registration till 21/05/2017 )
|People`s Ride||Family`s Ride||Lego Children`s Ride|
|In case of registration till 01/05/2017||10 EUR||7 EUR||5 EUR|
|In case of registration from 02/05 till 01/06/2017||15 EUR||9 EUR||6 EUR|
|In case of registration from 02/06 till 08/06/2017||20 EUR||12 EUR||7 EUR|
|In case of registration on the day of competition||25 EUR||20 EUR||10 EUR|
- Registration on the day of competition is performed in the start/finish area, in the registration tent, starting from 8:00 A.M.
- Registration of participants for each ride ends at the time specified in the competition program.
- A participant`s start set is handed out to registered participants, by producing a document certifying personality to the registration team`s staff.
- If you can not arrive in person, you can authorize another person for receipt of the start number, by writing the authorization on the electronically received approval letter. The authorization must contain the authorized person`s name, surname and telephone number.
- The approval letter with a list of team members electronically received by the contact person serves as a team`s authorization..
- If you will not be able to participate in the chosen ride, unfortunately the participant`s number shall not be transferred to another person. The paid competition entry fee shall not be refunded.
- The participants have the opportunity to transfer the paid competition entry fee to Jurmala Cycling Marathon 2018 due to their health problems, presenting a medical certificate until 1 June 2017. These participants will be registered for the participation in Jurmala Cycling Marathon 2018 by paying an additional sum of 5.00 EUR.
- If a participant wants to re-register for another ride, it must be applied for no later than one week prior to the date of competition by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org . After registration, the full competition entry fee determined by the race organizers must be paid in the relevant ride.
- Corrections of spelling mistakes or mistakes in personal data made during the registration process can be done not later than one week prior to the date of competition till 6 o`clock P.M. by a written notice sent to: email@example.com
- If the competition is cancelled due to force majeure, the competition entry fee shall not be refunded.
- Participants of the year of 2017 can obtain a ‘’Balticmarathons’’ commemorative cycling shirt (a short cycling shirt and short cycling trousers). The number of available cycling shirts and sizes is limited.
Orders for Balticmarathons cycling shirts can be made until 8 May 2017.
|BALTICMARATHONS commemorative cycling form
(a short cyclin shirt and short cycling trousers)
|Size S ( a set price 49 EUR )||Size M ( a set price 49 EUR )||Size L ( a set price 49 EUR )||Size XL ( a set price 49 EUR )|
|BALTICMARATHONS commemorative cycling shirt
(a short cycling shirt )
|Size S ( a set price 29 EUR )||Size M ( a set price 29 EUR )||Size L ( a set price 29 EUR )||Size XL ( a set price 29 EUR )|
The competition entry fee includes
- Personalized participant`s number, if the participant has completed registration until 21/05/2017
- A watering point on the distance and at the finish.
- Catering area.
- A medal for each participant at the finish (commemorative medals for all finishers of Jurmala Cycling marathon 2017 who cover the distance within the determined time limit).
- Track ensuring.
- Medical aid at the place of competition.
- Bicycle service at the place of competition
- Prizes for winners from the event sponsors and supporters.
- Participant`s number.
- Time control chip.
Taking start places
- The participants are placed on the start in a sequence of numbers assigned.
- The numbers are assigned to the participants of the People`s Ride according to results of Jurmala Cycling Marathon 2016, or on the basis of the date of registration.
- The participants of the People`s Ride take places in the first corridor according to TOP 100 places ranking of the relevant distance in the previous year.
- Participants of the Family`s Ride take places in the corridors according to the date of registration.
- Corridors in the LEGO Children`s Ride are formed by age groups for girls and boys separately.
Distribution of places by corridors:
|2.||101- 250 + VIP|
|5.||551 – 700|
|6.||701 – 900|
|7.||901 – 1100|
|2.||101- 250 + VIP|
|5.||551 – 700|
|6.||701 – 900|
|7.||901 – 1100|
Participant`s number and time measuring system:
- The competition numbers will be handed out to the participants on the day of competition in the registration tent, or a day before the competition (the place and time will be specified at the organizer`s website www.baltijasmaratoni.lv).
- Participants who have registered in advance, have to take competition numbers not later than 30 minutes before the relevant start registration in the tent, or a day before the competition (the place and time to be confirmed).
- The numbers must be affixed before entering the start corridor, and they can be taken off only after finishing your distance.
- The participants of the People`s Ride will be awarded three numbers. A fabric number shall be attached to the lower back left side, a plastic number shall be attached to bicycle handlebars, and a sticker number shall be affixed to a seat post.
- The riders of the Family`s Ride and the LEGO Children`s distances will be issued one number that shall be attached to the bicycle handlebars.
- Special time measuring devices – chips, will be embedded into numbers handed out to participants of all the distances.
- Numbers with embedded time measuring chips shall not been returned.
Activities at the competition place
- Catering area.
- LEGO Children Centre.
- Bicycle service.
- Itinerant sale.
- Attractive event managers, DJs and musical performances.
- Contests and prizes from sponsors.
- Formal awarding ceremony.
- A photo panel with commemorative photo print
- Bouncy castles for children.
|Group`s code||Age group||Group`s code||Age group|
|MT1||2003 – 2004||FT1||2003 – 2004|
|MT2||2001 – 2002||FT2||2001 – 2002|
|MT3||1983 – 2000||FT3||1983 – 2000|
|MT4||1963 – 1982||FT4||1963 – 1982|
|MT5||1953 – 1962||FT5||1953 – 1962|
|MT6||1952 and older||FT6||1952 and older|
Lego Children`s distance
|Group’s code||Age group||Group’s code||Age group|
|VB1||2011 and younger||SB1||2011 and younger|
|VB2||2009 – 2010||SB2||2009 – 2010|
|VB3||2007 – 2008||SB3||2007 – 2008|
|VB4||2005 – 2006||SB4||2005 – 2006|
The Family`s Ride has a separate evaluation by age groups. A result will be recorded to all the participants. Partners` awards are provided in various nominations, which will be announced at least one week prior to the competition at the website www.baltijasmaratoni.lv.
- Valuable prizes will be awarded to the first 6 places in the People`s Ride separately by genders.
- Valuable partners` prizes will be awarded to the first 3 places in each age group in the People`s Ride and the LEGO
- Children`s Ride separately by genders.
- Valuable partners` prizes will be awarded to the first 3 places in team evaluation in the People`s Ride.
- The Family`s Ride has not a separate evaluation by age groups.
- A result is recorded to all the participants.
- The partners` prizes are provided to the participants in different nominations.
- Due to the request of the organizers, all participants of the competition shall be present at the awarding ceremony.
- The awarding ceremony shall be attended in a cycling suit.
- In case of the failure to come to the awarding ceremony, the prize will not be handed out.
- Teams are evaluated separately in all rides, except the Family`s Ride and the LEGO Children`s Ride.
- There is no team evaluation in the Family`s Ride and the LEGO Children`s Ride.
- Minimum number of participants that can be applied for including in the team evaluation is 4 participants.
- All participants of the team, even if they register individually, must indicate the exact name of the team.
- Number of participants in a team is not limited.
- The team result is constituted of a sum of time of four fastest participants.
- In the event that the best team can not been determined in such way, a higher place shall be won by a team the fastest sportiest of which has won the highest place.
- The teams` total result is not separated for men and women.
- The competition organizers do not assume responsibility for the failure to know or comply with the Regulations of the completion.
- Each participant, upon registration for the competition and making payments, confirm that he (she) takes full responsibility for their health suitability for covering the selected distance.
- The competition takes place pursuant to the regulations of the UCI (Union Cycliste Internationale).
- Helmets intended for cycling are mandatory; it is prohibited to attach any hard objects on the helmet (video cameras etc.).
- When cycling with an unclosed helmet or without it, the participant can be disqualified.
- It is forbidden to take part with a bike that is not in working order and not intended for riding on streets.
- The competition organizers do not assume responsibility for the participants who do not cover traces within the determined limit.
- To participate with tandems and bicycles equipped with baby seats, bicycle trailers is allowed only in the Family`s Ride.
- The competition organizers in no way are responsible for the participants who go to the distance without the registration and the organizers` consent.
- In none of rides is allowed to participate with a bike that is intended for individual riding.
- The participants shall follow the road safety rules while on the distance.
- A fine for placing an uncoordinated advertising at the venue of competition shall be 5 000 EUR.
- Upon registering for the competition, all the participants confirm that they do not have objection to the use of photos taken during the competition for marketing and advertising activities of the competition.
- The competition organizers are not responsible for any possible injuries incurred to the participants during the competition.
- Sanction for arbitrary production of the number shall be the cancellation of result.
- In case of arbitrary shortcuts of the distance, the participant shall be disqualified.
- Sanction for crossing the finish line in the opposite direction shall be disqualification.
- In case of re-crossing the finish line, the last crossing time and the corresponding place shall be recorded to the participant.
- At the competition, doping controls can be carried out.
- The participants, at the time of covering the distance, must not affect other competition participants and their results.
- Any participant of the competition who believes that he (she) has been impeded by some action before crossing the finish line, may submit a written claim in the information tent within 15 minutes after the end of his (her) ride. Claims of any type after the mentioned time will not be accepted and considered.
To participants` attention:
- The panel of judges together with the organizers are entitled to settle issues that are not stipulated in the Regulations of the competition.
- Preliminary results of the competition are published in the evening of the competition day at www.baltijasmaratoni.lv.
- After the evaluation of claims and uncertainties, the confirmed results are published 1 week after the competition.
- Complaints on the results shall be sent to the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, not later than one week after the competition!